Sep 26, 2020
In this combined degree, students select one of the following minors: Native Education, Cree Language or Social Studies. See Note 3 for course requirements.
Year 1 (★30) Taken in the Faculty of Native Studies
Year 2 (★30) Taken in the Faculty of Native Studies
Year 3 (★30) Taken in the Faculty of Native Studies
Year 4 and 5 (★60) Taken in the Faculty of Education
Students should refer to their individual Program Sheet for proper course sequencing.
Course Requirements (★30)
Field Experience Terms (★30)
Courses taken in the Field Experience Terms are normally taken concurrently
Introductory Professional Term (★15)
Advanced Professional Term (★15)
- Program advice should be obtained from both Education and Native Studies.
- Program Requirements (★150)
Education Core (★57)
Native Studies Core (★51)
- Students in this program must select one of the following minors (★18): Native Education, Cree Language or Social Studies.
Cree Language (★18)
Students with Cree as a minor must complete NS 152 , NS 252 , and NS 352 before Year 4.
Social Studies (★18)
- ★9 chosen, in three distinct subject areas, from Anthropology, Archaeology (Department of Classics), Human Geography and Planning, Economics, History, Law, Philosophy, Political Science, Religion, Sociology.
- ★3 chosen in Canadian History chosen from NS or HIST.
- ★3 chosen from Human Geography and Planning