This page is a record of the changes made to this Calendar after it was originally published.
There are two types of changes noted on this page:
- Items marked as ADDENDA were approved after the Calendar was published. Addenda listings will include the date the change was approved. This is the date the new regulation took effect, regardless of when it was added to the Calendar.
- Items marked as ERRATA include corrections to errors or omissions. The change was approved prior to the original publication of the Calendar.
If you have any questions regarding the items listed here, please contact the University Calendar Editor.
June 21, 2022
ADDENDUM. Document deadlines for high school applicants to all undergraduate degree programs were added to the Faculty of Business Admission Deadlines .
June 16, 2022
ADDENDA. Two corrections were made to the procedures listed on the Tuition and Fees page.
In the Obtaining and Paying Your Fee Assessment section, the original text was as follows:
7. How to Process a Loan from Another Provincial Government: All out of province government student loans are available online to the staff in Student Receivables, Billing and Collections. When you receive notification from Student Receivables, please bring your OneCard, SIN Card, and Notice of Assessment to have your loan confirmed. Students wishing to pay by term must present a Student Finance Board Notice of Assessment or Funding Summary Indicating further loan disbursements. Without this document, the tuition and fees for the full year will be deducted.
In the Refunds and Withdrawals section, the original text was as follows:
12. Refund Cheques & Direct Deposit Refunds: Student Receivables normally issues refunds up to six weeks after the Refund Deadline. Refunds are issued either by cheque or directly to the student bank account if the student provides this information in Bear Tracks. If the student account is overpaid, the student will receive a refund. Note, a refund will not be generated if the student has an amount owing with the University of Alberta campus. Undergraduate Scholarships and other payments are applied directly to the student tuition account, and once tuition and charges are paid in full, any excess will be refunded to the student. Refunds are generated following the 50% deadline date of each term. Registration status changes from full-time to part-time will result in student loan refunds being refunded to the National Student Loan Centre.
June 16, 2022
ERRATA. The approved hours for ENGG 100 were corrected from 1.5-1.5S-0/2 to .75-.75s-0.
June 9, 2022
ADDENDUM. Changes to the requirements for the Major in Music [Arts] were approved. These changes reverted the requirements back to what they were in the previous Calendar. See Archive Copy - Major in Music [Arts] - University of Alberta - Acalog ACMS 220609 to view an archived copy of this page prior to this addendum.
May 30, 2022
The Faculty of Nursing - Members of the Faculty page was replaced with a link to the Faculty of Nursing’s Faculty and Staff web page.
May 26, 2022
ERRATUM. On the Dates and Deadlines from Spring/Summer 2022 Terms page, the deadline to withdraw from first-half 3-week classes in Spring Term 2022 was corrected. It was originally published as May 23, 2022. It was corrected to May 20, 2022.
May 19, 2022
ERRATUM. On the Bachelor of Commerce Honors in Finance [Business] page, the FIN 488 requirement in Year Four of the Private Venture Markets stream was updated to list a specific selected topics course: FIN 488 - Private Market Finance.
May 16, 2022
EDITORIAL UPDATE. A note was added to Undergraduate Admissions specifying the effective dates for the regualations on that page.
Apr. 25, 2022
ADDENDUM. Multiple changes to the Certificate in Interdisciplinary Leadership Studies were approved on Apr. 14, 2022, including:
- Removal of sections for eligibility requirements, acceptance, coursework, other program requirements, continuation, and academic standing
- Addition of a certificate requirements section
- Revision of the information for completion
See Archive Copy - Program_Certificate in Interdisciplinary Leadership Studies - Acalog ACMS 220425 to view a PDF copy of the page prior to these revisions.
Apr. 22, 2022
ADDENDUM. On the Graduate Programs in Communication Sciences and Disorders page, changes were made to the Entrance Requirements and Financial Assistance sections. Some of these changes include:
- Clarifications on the pre-requisite courses
- A new entrance requirement for Indigenous Perspectives in Canada
- Additional requirements under “Other Requirements”
- A revised application deadline
- Revised information about assistantships
See Archive Copy - Program_ Graduate Programs in Communication Sciences and Disorders - Acalog ACMS 220422 to view a PDF copy of the page prior to these revisions.
Apr. 22, 2022
ADDENDUM. On the Doctor of Philosophy (Nursing) program page, the following statement regarding the Comprehensive Examination was deleted: The Comprehensive Examination at the completion of the coursework, typically at the end of the second year. This was approved for immediate implementation on Apr. 14, 2022.
Apr. 22, 2022
ADDENDUM. The following requirement for a Standard First Aid Certificate was removed from the Faculty of Nursing Regulations page: “Standard First Aid Certificate: Undergraduate nursing students must provide a standard first aid certificate to participate in clinical practice courses. Refer to the Faculty of Nursing website at www.ualberta.ca/nursing for program-specific deadlines.”
Apr. 21, 2022
ADDENDA. The following changes regarding field course requirements were approved for two programs in the Facutly of Agricultural, Life, and Environmental Sciences on Apr. 14, 2022.
For the Bachelor of Science in Environmental and Conservation Sciences :
- The original text: The program includes a field school (REN R 299) that provides training in technical aspects of environmental sciences. REN R 299 is normally taken in the spring between second and third years. REN R 299 must be taken prior to the fourth year of study, to ensure that students are able to apply the skills learned in the last year of their program.
- The revised text: The program includes two field courses (REN R 290and ENCS 299)that provide training in practical aspects of environmental sciences.Both courses are normally taken in the summer between second and third years.They must be taken prior to the fourth year of study, to ensure that students are able to apply the skills learned in the last year of their program.
For the Bachelor of Science in Forest Business Management :
- The original text: The program includes two field schools (RENR 101 and REN R 299) that provide training in technical aspects of forestry. REN R 101 should be taken in the first year (or in the initial year in the BSc in Forest Business Management program) just before the start of regular classes. REN R 299 is normally taken in the spring between second and third years. REN R 299 must be taken prior to the fourth year of study, to ensure that students are able to apply the skills learned in the last year of their program.
- The revised text: The program includes three field schools (REN R 101, REN R 290, and REN R 295) that provide training in practical aspects of forestry. REN R 101 should be taken in the first year (or in the initial year in the BSc in Forest Business Management program) just before the start of regular classes in Fall. REN R 290 and REN R 295 should normally be taken immediately after the second year and must be taken prior to the fourth year of study, to ensure that students are able to apply the skills learned in the last year of their program.
- REN R 290 and REN R 295 were also added to the program requriments list.
Apr. 20, 2022
ERRATA. The following note was removed from the Admission Criteria for Transfer Applicants section on the General Undergraduate Admission Requirements page:
Note: Where the applicant has more than one passing grade for the same course at any institution, only the first passing grade is used in calculating the grade point average(s) for admission purposes.
This deletion was originally approved on Jan. 31, 2022.
Apr. 8, 2022
ERRATA. A correction was made to the Calendrier académique 2022-2023 on the Renseignements généraux (En Français) page. In the description for Feb. 24, 2023, “Add-drop pour les stages d’Automne” was changed to “Add-drop pour les stages d’Hiver”.
Apr. 7, 2022
ADDENDA. Several new Faculty of Graduate Studies and Research regulations were approved and implemented on Mar. 21, 2022.
Mar. 31, 2022
ADDENDA. On the Undergraduate Application Process and Deadlines page, the definition for deadline was updated. The original definition was as follows:
Deadline: If the published deadline falls on a weekend or statutory holiday, that item will be accepted by the Office of the Registrar if it is received or postmarked by the end of the next full working day.
Mar. 21, 2022
ADDENDA. A new section on laddering into Master’s programs was added to Graduate Programs in Elementary Education .
Mar. 18, 2022
ADDENDA. Changes to a number of program requirements and regulations in the Faculty of Business were approved on Mar. 17, 2022. The changes are summarized as follows:
Mar. 17, 2022
ERRATA. On the Bachelor of Science in Nursing - Collaborative program page, the names of the collaborative partner institutions were corrected.
Mar. 9, 2022
ERRATA. On the Faculté Saint-Jean Admission Deadlines , the deadlines for Admission and Readmission to the BA and BSc programs were corrected. These dates were incorrectly published as February 1, and now list the application deadline as March 1 and the document deadlines as March 15 and June 15. Note 2 for the BA and BSc programs has also been added back in.
Mar. 8, 2022
ADDENDA. On the Academic Schedule page, the start date for Winter Term 2023 Examinations was corrected from April 17 to April 14.