Jul 02, 2020
The four year Bachelor of Management degree consists of ★120 arts, science and professional (see Classification of Courses ) including up to ★72 in the Management program and the credits required for the Foundation and Knowledge components of the Augustana Core. Because of the possibility of overlap between the credits required for portions of the Augustana Core and those required for the Management program, a student may also include options or an optional minor as follows:
See below for details on the Management Foundation, Economics Foundation, Stream, and Supporting course requirements of the Management program.
The Augustana Core: Foundation ★18
The Augustana Foundation requirement is met by the completion of the following courses:
The Augustana Core: Knowledge ★21
The ★21 Breadth of Knowledge requirements consist of three different categories:
- ★9 Fine Arts and Humanities (students must complete at least ★3 in each area)
- ★6 Science
- ★6 Social sciences
For the actual classification of Augustana courses within these categories, see Classification of Courses .
Note: The same credit may not be counted twice in courses that relate to more than one category within the Foundation and Knowledge components of the Augustana Core; that is, a total of 39 different credits must be earned to fulfill these requirements.
A minimum of ★18 in one discipline or approved interdisciplinary area, including at least ★12 at the senior level. A student should be aware that it may not be possible to complete certain combinations of majors and minors without extending the time required to earn the degree.
★0-21 (or more, depending on the amount of overlap between the core and the requirements for the major, and/or minor) of the student's choice.
Students registered in a Bachelor of Management program must complete at least ★60 offered by the Augustana Faculty, at least ★54 of which must be at the senior level. However,
- Language or other study abroad may, with special permission of the Associate Dean, Academic, count toward the residency requirement.
- An exception to this requirement may be granted to students already holding a BA or BSc who can transfer sufficient credits from their first degree to be able to complete the requirements of the Bachelor of Management degree in fewer than ★60. Normally in such cases at least the final ★45 must be completed at Augustana.
Note: Students transferring into this degree program within the framework of a Faculty-approved transfer agreement must complete ★60 of the final credits of their degree program with credits offered by the Augustana Faculty.
★27 in Management Foundation
★9 in Economics Foundation
Students will choose either the Management General Stream or the Business Economics Stream:
Management General Stream:
★9 additional in Management Foundation
★15 in Elective courses
- 9 additional senior credits in Management or Economics, of which ★3 may be at the 200- level.
- 6 additional senior credits in Management or Economics at the 300- or 400-level.
★12 in Supporting Courses
Management Business Economics Stream:
★6 additional in Economics Foundation
★18 in Elective courses
- 9 additional senior credits in Economics, of which ★3 may be at the 200-level.
- 9 additional senior credits in Economics or Management at the 300- or 400-level.