University of Alberta Calendar 2016-2017 [ARCHIVED CATALOG]
University of Alberta Calendar 2016-2017
By the act of registering for a course or a course of study, each student at the University of Alberta agrees to observe and be bound by the terms of this notice, and the terms, conditions, academic standards, rules, regulations, policies, and codes of behaviour contained or referenced in the Calendar. Therefore, it is the student's responsibility to be aware of the contents of the Calendar.
The Calendar sets forth the intention of the University at the time the Calendar was prepared. While the University of Alberta makes reasonable efforts to ensure that the content of the Calendar is accurate, the University of Alberta reserves the right, subject to the authority of General Faculties Council, to make whatever changes it considers necessary to the information referenced in the Calendar or referenced in other documents relating to admission and registration including, but not limited to, the elimination of or changes to courses, programs, organizational structure, tuition and fees, entrance standards, academic standards, degree requirements, University policies, regulations, codes of behaviour and rules. All of the changes referred to above may be made by the University without notice to students or prospective students, although the University of Alberta shall make reasonable efforts to provide notice of such changes to students as soon as practicable. The University is not liable to anyone who may suffer any loss or damages of any type arising from such changes including any loss or damages arising from the interruption of academic activities. The Calendar shall be interpreted and construed in accordance with the laws of the Province of Alberta and the laws of Canada applicable therein, and the Courts of the Province of Alberta shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any disputes arising hereunder.
The University of Alberta is a publicly supported, nondenominational, coeducational institution. It is authorized to grant undergraduate and graduate degrees, certificates and diplomas under the provisions of the Post-secondary Learning Act, Statutes of Alberta, 2003, Chapter P-19.5. The University was established under the University Act (Alberta, 1906) and is governed by the Post-secondary Learning Act (Alberta, 2003). The University is a member of the Association of Universities and Colleges of Canada and the Association of Commonwealth Universities.
- Students are responsible for the completeness and accuracy of their registrations and for completion of the specified program requirements. This requires careful attention to course selection and compliance with prerequisite and corequisite requirements. Please read the Calendar carefully and use it when you register. If in doubt about the regulations pertaining to your program, consult the appropriate University official.
- All University policies and procedures are intended to comply with the Province of Alberta's Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (Statutes of Alberta, 1994, Chapter F-18.5 and all amendments thereafter). If you have questions or concerns about issues related to the privacy of your personal information, or your ability to access information, please contact the FOIPP Coordinator, Information and Privacy Office, Ring House I, (780) 492-9419.
- The Calendar is available in electronic form on our website: www.ualberta.ca/calendar.
- Information on undergraduate financial supports can be found at ualberta.ca/awards or at the Office of the Registrar's student service centre, Student Connect, in the Administration Building. (780) 492-3113 or 1-855-492-3113, Contact Form.
- Professional requirements: Students or prospective students intending to enter a profession following graduation should contact the appropriate Faculty office in order to ascertain what requirements there are for professional registration above and beyond possession of the prescribed University degree or diploma. In some cases this information is provided in the Faculty section of this Calendar.
- Application deadlines for all programs are listed in Admission and Readmission Deadlines of this Calendar. Other deadlines are set out in the Academic Schedule Major Deadlines from the 2016-2017 Academic Schedule . Students are advised that deadlines are strictly enforced.
- Main University Switchboard telephone number: (780) 492-3111. Main Switchboard hours: 8:30 am-4:00 pm Monday through Friday.
- If you have any questions, please contact the Office of the Registrar's student service centre, Student Connect, in the Administration Building. (780) 492-3113 or 1-855-492-3113, Contact Form.
Need an earlier version of the Calendar?
Archived copies of the Calendar from 2016-2017 to 1997-1998 are available as PDF documents on the Office of the Registrar's Previous Calendar page. If you have any trouble locating a calendar, please e-mail email@example.com